Sunday, January 12, 2014

Move in and Orientation

Today was my Visiting Students Orientation! They talked a lot about academics and safety, and it was pretty much like any other college orientation. One of the guys who works in the visiting students office even wore a kilt.
We went to Teviot Row House in Bristo Square afterwards for a Societies (clubs) Fair and lunch. I met some other students, one who is in my Scottish Lit class, and one who goes to Cornell and knows one of my friends from home! Teviot is one of the student unions and it is over 120 years old. And it looks like a castle (better pictures to come).

Afterwards I went on a tour of George Square, which is the main campus. I saw where all of my classes will be, as well as the library and the Old College:



I also moved into my flat today! I'm living in Fountainbridge, which isn't too far from campus. I have my own room and bathroom and it's attached to four other rooms and with a kitchen and living area at the end of the hall. I was a bit nervous when I got here because I didn't see anyone and the kitchen was (or is… I'm afraid to check) a disaster area. Hopefully someone will clean it…
I met two of my flatmates, just briefly, so hopefully I'll get to talk to them more tomorrow. 

This is my little room:




It's still a work in progress, and I'll probably need to get another blanket; it's chilly here! The orange is a little weird, but I have pink walls!


No comments:

Post a Comment