Friday, January 10, 2014

An Interesting Day

Well today was quite an adventure… We found out that we weren't supposed to fly into Dublin to get to Scotland because they don't let you apply for a visa. Don't know how I missed that one. Ugh.

So we talked to the University and they said we have to leave the country and come back. Then, over the next few hours, various phone calls were made, and for a while we thought I was in the country illegally because my passport wasn't stamped at Dublin or Edinburgh…. so that happened. But we went back to the school and they said it was fine and that if I tried to leave I wouldn't get arrested :)

Tomorrow we'll be in France for the day; We get there around 8 am and then we get back here around 10 pm, so I'll have a croissant or something in Paris while we wait. And I will be sure to have my passport stamped every single place I go from now until the end of time.

I checked into my flat early since I won't be here tomorrow and my individual room looked pretty good. Still nervous about meeting my flatmates, but we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment